National Overseas Scholarship
Subject: NATIONAL OVERSEAS SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR MINORITY STUDENTS OF KARNATAKA
Reference: 1. Government order No. MWD 153 WES 2011,Bangalore
2. Government Order No. MWD 200 MDS 2012, Bangalore
The State Government have introduced a scheme for providing financial assistance to minority students of Karnataka State for pursuing higher studies aboard in Master Degree, Ph.D and Post Doctoral Courses etc., in prestigious Foreign Universities through the Director, Directorate of Minorities, Government of Karnataka.
Interested Minority Community students of Karnataka State Domicile can apply in the prescribed application downloading the same from the link given below.
Students opting to pursue higher studies in the following subjects can apply and get benefit of financial assistance through Directorate of Minorities, Bangalore
- Automation Robotics including Artificial Intelligence, Mechatronics and Manufacturing Technology
- Laser technology
- Paper technology
- Naval Architecture/ Offshore Structures/ Architecture in General.
- Information Technology including Computer Engineering Software, software Quality Assurance, Networking/Connectivity Engineering, Communication system, under hazardous or Post-Disaster Conditions, Multi-Media Communication
- Low Temperature Thermal Dynamics
- Art Restoration Technology
- Ceramic and Glass Technology
- Dock and Harbour Engineering
- Bio-Technology/Genetic Engineering
- Industrial Safety
- Petroleum Technology
- Aircraft/ Space Engineering
- Imaging System Technology
- Graphic Engineering
- Composite materials Engineering including Decentralized Power, Distribution (for Solar Heat) system, Energy Storage Engineering, Energy Conservation, Energy efficient habitat Engineering
- Satellite or Remote Sensing
- Packaging Engineering / Technology
- Nuclear Engineering
- Medicine / Dental / Nursing/ Para-Medical
- Business Administration/Management Studies
- MPhil/ Ph.D in any area of applied Sciences, Basic Sciences, Cultural and Historical Studies.
In addition to these subjects any other course the screening committee of the Department may in special cases consider the courses not listed above.
- For Post Doctoral : 1st Class or 60% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Master Degree/Ph.D.
- For Ph.D : 1st Class or 60% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Master Degree.
- For Master Degree : 1st Class or 60% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Bachelor Degree.
- The students must be residing in India/ Karnataka State at the time of applying for Scholarship
Age Limit: Below 38 years from the date of commencement of the course/ Studies applied for.
Income Limit: Total income from all sources of the candidate and his / her parents /Guardians should not exceed Rs.4.00 lakhs per annum.
- The finally selected candidates shall obtain the required admission prior to the application made to the Directorate of Minorities, Bangalore-1.
- The candidates are required to seek admissions and join regular courses/ Full time courses in accredited Universities/ Institution only.
- A total allowance of Rs.5.00 Lakh per annum and a maximum of Rs.10.00 lakh for the entire course will be awarded to the awardees.
- The amount also covers the cost of air fare as has been prescribed for all levels of course covered under the scheme.
Default under the Scheme:
- The selected candidates have to execute a bond on non-judicial stamp paper as required under this scheme.
- In case a candidate pursuing studies aboard violates any of the terms and condition of bond executed by him /her, such candidates will be liable to pay the entire amount along with 12% interest per annum to the Government.
Mode of Selection:
- The candidates shall after assessing their eligibility and satiability, as per conditions of the scheme apply Directorate of Minorities, 20th Floor, V.V.Tower, Bangalore -560001 (Employed candidates have to apply through proper channel) in the prescribed application form.
- The candidates will be selected in pursuance of the guidelines followed by an interview of short listed candidates.
Last date to submit applications: 18 June 2012
Directorate of Minorities
Click here to view Notification
Click here to download National Overseas Scholarship 2012 - Application Form